How to Apply
Choose UW-Eau Claire (not UW Colleges). Then select Business Administration(Consortial Degree) to apply to our online MBA program.
Minimum Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission to the MBA program, you must have:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of 475 or above or a comparable Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score
Learn about the GMAT® (price, test locations, study information)
Learn about the GRE® (price, test locations, study information)
Learn about test preparation from UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education
GMAT/GRE Waiver: We consider waivers for students with other Master's/advanced degrees, certain certifications, or work experience (15 or more years total, including 10 or more years in upper management). Waiver requests are reviewed after all other required application materials are submitted. Requesting a waiver or meeting the minimum requirement does not guarantee that a waiver will be granted. Waivers will only be considered if all other minimum admission requirements have been met. Contact us to discuss waiver options.
To be in full standing (start the 30-credit degree program), you must complete foundation courses or have taken equivalents. We recommend you apply to the MBA program before you begin your first foundation course. This will allow us to advise you and better track your progress as you complete MBA admission requirements. It will also enable us to send you advanced registration materials.
Submitting An Application
It's recommended that you submit an application before sending the other materials listed below. After submitting an application, you will receive a few emails with further instructions on completing and tracking the status of your application. You are required to submit the following before your application is reviewed for an admission decision:
- Application, including $56 fee and a Personal Statement. The fee can be paid electronically when you apply online or through the mail. For the Personal Statement (submitted in the application), briefly describe your career goals. How can our program help you achieve your goals? What and/or who influenced your decision to apply? (maximum 300 words)
- Official transcripts from every college and university you have attended sent directly from each institution to the UW-Eau Claire Office of Admissions. Official transcripts not in English must include a transcript in the native language as well as an English translation.
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one being a professional reference)
- Official GMAT/GRE Score (sent directly from testing agency). Score reports should be sent to UW-Eau Claire (GRE institution code 1913; GMAT program code V6V-8S-99).
- International Students Only — If your native language is not English, you must submit current (taken within the last two years) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. A minimum TOEFL score of 79 ibt or a minimum IELTS score of 7.0 is required (See approved scores and ESL programs). Official scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. The TOEFL institution code for UW-Eau Claire is 1913. After submitting an application, the Admissions Office will determine what, if any, additional materials are required.
The items listed above may be sent to:
UW-Eau Claire Graduate Admissions
105 Garfield Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701