Birgit Leisen PollackPh.D.
Phone: (920) 424-0076
Campus: UW Oshkosh
- Ph.D. in Marketing, New Mexico State University
- M.S. in Hospitality and Tourism Services, New Mexico State University
- B.A. (Vordiplom) in Business Management/Economics, Universitat Trier, Fachbereich: Betriebswirtschaftlehre, Trier, Germany
- Services Marketing
- Customer Loyalty
- Service Quality & Customer Satisfaction
- Sustainability Marketing
- Academy of Management, Management Education & Development Division—Global Forum Best Paper Award 2010 for “A Review of Research Methods in Online and Blended Business Education: 2000-2009” (with J.B. Arbaugh and Alvin Hwang), Academy of Management Meeting’s Best Paper Proceedings, August, 2010.
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh College of Business -- Thrivent Professor of Business Award
- Emerald Literati Network—2009 Outstanding Paper Award, for “The Nature of the Service Quality and Satisfaction Relationship: Empirical Evidence for the Existence of Satisfiers and Dissatisfiers,” Managing Service Quality, 18 (6), 2008.
- American Marketing Association, Instructional Innovation Track—Best Paper Award 2009, for “Non-Linear Grading: Inventory of Practices and Test of Effects,” (with Bryan Lilly), 2009 Winter Marketing Educators’ Conference Proceedings, February, 2009.
- Emerald Literati Network—Most Downloaded Articles Top 200 Award 2005 for "Image Segmentation: The Case of a Tourism Destination," Journal of Services Marketing, 15 (1), 2001. Note: single authored.
- Journal of The American Academy of Business—Best Author Award 2003 for “Determinants of On-Board Retail Expenditures in the Cruise Industry” (with Elise Prosser), Journal of American Academy of Business, 3 (September), 2003
- Literati Club Awards for Excellence 2002—Outstanding Paper for “Cross-National Assessment of Service Quality in the Telecommunication Industry: Evidence from the United States and Germany” (with Charles Vance), Managing Service Quality, 11 (5), 2001.
- ANBAR Citation of Excellence—Highest Quality Rating for “Managing Stakeholder: A Tourism Planning Model” (with Elise Truly Sautter), Annals of Tourism Research, 26 (2), 1999.